Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend...

I've been a busy girl lately, so I'm taking some time to sit down and share a little bit of what's been going on this weekend! 
On Saturday, at work, I was surprised when my boss informed me that I am being promoted to Senior Stylist! I couldn't be more grateful for this new chapter in my career. Later that night, I went to a dear friend's wedding reception. Here's a shot of me and the beautiful bride. It was so amazing to see and feel the love that was present in that room. I wish you guys the best, Serena and Chase!


Sunday afternoon, I attended my niece's third birthday party. A good time was had by all. There was even a moon bounce - I couldn't resist jumping for a while myself. And of course, little miss Seppy had a blast at her party. I love that little girl so dearly! Here she is in her tiara about to blow out her birthday candles.


Today is Labor Day, which is a holiday for most of us, but it feels like a normal Monday for me, as we stylists are always off on Mondays. I did take advantage of the day, however, by cleaning my apartment and baking some cupcakes with my new mixer that I purchased this morning. 
I chose the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer. It comes in 27 different colors (incredible and almost a little overwhelming - I know), but I decided Pistachio was my favorite. It's very vintage-looking. I love this thing so much, and I've had my eye on it for a long, long time. Finally seeing it in my kitchen makes me so happy.


I baked homemade red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing and coconut.


They turned out perfect! I'm about to head over to my boyfriend's house to share these treats with his family. I can't wait to eat another one. :)

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Labor Day, and if you worked today, go have a cold brew - you deserve one. 

Natalie Delaine


No comments:

Post a Comment